Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Early Mother's Day Gift

For This Child I Prayed
Artist-Elspeth Young
Today I was at Deseret Book, and came upon this picture. When I saw this picture tears filled my eyes, and there was a a feeling I don't know how to even describe. I was completely taken back by the simplicity in this picture, and yet the profounding statement "For This Child I Prayed".
Today I got my mother's day present, and I couldn't be more grateful for the picture to be in our home. I reflected on these last years. What has happened over these last two years, have pushed me to grow, to learn, to have faith & hope, and today was a reminder of the gratitude I have for Carson to be in our life. "For This Child I Prayed"
I was also reminded that as a mother I pray for each of my children. I pray for their happiness, their safety, their health, their education, and the list goes on and on.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Debbie- Just reading that made me cry too. These children are so precious. What a beautiful picture. Thank you so much for cutting Iris's bangs today. Hopefully my mom filled you in a little bit. I will tell you the story when I see you. I still can't leave the house really or I would have come, but her bangs were just so long! Thank you, thank you! You are wonderful.

CAMI said...

Oh Deb,
I feel your pain! I have felt overwhelmed by laundry since the day I got married. I always felt in bondage to the laundry it was very daunting knowing that no matter how much work I did to get it done, there was always more to face me the next day!

I have 2 less bodies to dress at my house compared to you, I can't imagine what my laundry room will look like when that day comes.

I just try to do 1 load a day and I have Talmage fold and put his stuff away. It's not the most awesome folding job but he does try and he is proud of his work. I am glad because even though he is not quite 4 he is giving me huge help by doing that.

I love Pres. Hinckleys quote it makes me feel better and gives me a great excuse not to care sometimes. Good Luck if you find a good solution PLEASE let me know!! Love ya Debs

h

Post a Comment