Saturday, April 17, 2010

Grandpa Cadina's Birthday

Today we spent the day at Grandpa's home cleaning up his yard. The men are hard at work, and so are we with all the grandkids. We had so much fun watching all the kids play out in the yard. The kids played all sorts of games. Sam was the leader of the a club, and Cutler wanted to join...so she signed him in. But when it came to a vote on what movie to watch Cutler's choice won, and Sam told her Dad, "I let him into the club." Later they had a picnic downstairs and anytime anyone of the adults came in the house they would look at us with panic that we would discover a stash of food, well being good parents we didn't even try to find out what they had taken from Grandma's kitchten and left them to there fun. When the work was finish we all sat around laughing and talking...many conversation left us laughing to the point of tears...like when Grandpa asked if anyone knew where to get rid of tires, and Aunt Cindy informed him, "To call Big O Tires, because that is where they put on and take off tires." Grandpa added, "Yes, I taught you that one." or I have no idea how this statement happened, but Uncle Dave said, "What would the Amish do?" very enlighting. How could I miss mentioning that I completely offened my little sister, when Grandpa was staring at what I thought was her hair...and he was saying what is...what is...and I then piped up, "yes, she does have gray hair." ooops...he was looking at something farther in the distant. So the point is is that we had a great time.

Now how does this tie into Grandpa's birthday, it does, this is what he wanted a lot of the projects around his yard were able to get done from putting the bridge on the stream, to cutting trees down, cleaning up trash, and tilling the garden. We did also get him a new brief case, and sing Happy Birthday!!!

Dad I love you...Happy Birthday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment