Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter at our Home

Once again the joys of Holidays!!! We love any excuse to get together with family. This time we were so excited to have my parents up for the weekend. This is the first time they would get to see our little guy Carson. They came up for in the morning on Sat., and so did Kelly and Morden. I loved that it was also conference weekend, I feel like I barely got to listen to the talks, but I enjoyed the spirit that we felt all weekend from having the sessions on.


We enjoyed our own little Easter egg hunt at our house. (I guess it was good that I haven't gotten to cleaning up the gardens, and yard there was a lot of places to hide eggs in our square back yard.) We had an Easter dinner on Sat. with all the works, Ham, salads, devid eggs, homemade rolls, etc. We enjoyed the evening while playing games.


Grandpa Cadina and Cutler have started a tradition together when he is here. In the morning Cutler goes and climbs in bed with him and they talk about everything and anything. Cutler had asked Grandpa if he could do this again, and of course Grandpa said, "yes!!!" Well, at 5:00 a.m. I heard talking in the other room, and I flew out of bed trying not to grab Cutler and strangel him for waking Grandpa up. I politely said, "We don't usually wake up until 7:30 a.m., so maybe you should sleep a little longer before starting this conversation." Grandpa said, "we are o.k." By 6:00 a.m. all three kids were in bed with him discussing everything. Later that morning I would learn that they were discussing how to spell words like "atonement" and "repentance", they challenged each other with math problems, they ask Grandpa about his mom, and much more.


Easter morning had arrived, and our kids had already hunted through the house to find their Easter basket, but they waited for me to get up before they could get their basket. We then enjoyed breakfast, and Sunday morning session of conference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment