Friday, April 23, 2010

I SURRENDER!!!

LAUNDRY, you have won. I raise the white flag, and come in peace. Please, oh please stop.

I've tried, and I've tried to defeat this battle. I have many times even in one day completed all the loads of laundry, I've folded all the clothes, and surprisingly put them all where they belong. Oh, wait the laundry room is laughing, it knows it has the upper hand...because dawn is setting...and the clothes we are wearing begin to come off...
6 pairs of pants
lots of underclothing
6 shirts
12 socks
lots of wash clothes (I have a hard time using the same one twice.)
towels (especially this morning because the bowl of cereal was spilled)
lots of burp clothes, and receiving blankets (due to the amount of spit up we have daily)
Kiley must be on the laundry side because she changed 3, 4, 5 times...and were are the clothes in the laundry, under the wet cloth.

Total = reinforcements for Team Laundry.

Should we try to be positive and remember what our dear Prophet has said,"
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." (emphasis added)

I remember the days when I was little and to find socks they were all thrown into "the sock basket". Brilliant now in my opinion. I see why with nine kids, and foster kids my mother would throw all the socks from baby to grown in one big basket. Then she would have us find our own socks. Best of luck to you kids. The only socks she would fold are the ones for Dad, his black Sunday Socks. Also I can now understand that with that many children why our laundry room was always continuously full, and I mean full of clothes...I believe we often would hide in the clothes, and no one would be able to find you. It is an uphill battle to fight.

So what does this mean, lots of laundry to do. So like I said I surrender...all this means though is I am taken prisoner by laundry...and yes in the end I will have to wash the white flag too.

***Any wonderful ideas in how to not always feel knee deep in clothes would be greatly appreciated. To Rob: The wash clothes are not the problem.


3 comments:

The Baker said...

The ONLY way I can keep from feeling that the laundry will eat me while I sleep is to have set aside "laundry" days. I do it 2x a week and if the clothes are not in the hamper (cough cough...Doug) they do not get washed. If they don't get washed...nothing to wear. Sorry team, life is tough. I do all the laundry, fold and put it away on those 2 days. The rest of the time I just pretend it isn't there. ;-) (But I also don't have a laundry room so I have to keep it out of sight)

PhillipsFam said...

I do one load of laudry a day (except sunday's) no matter how small it may be. I put it in the morning while we are getting ready for the day, and in the dryer when I get home. sometimes I have to fluff it for a few min before I fold it. the girls are old enough, so they put their own clothes away. twice a week I do one extra load, one of towels, one of sheets. I only get loaded up if we go on vacation. works super well! good luck to you!

CAMI said...

Oh Deb,
I feel your pain! I have felt overwhelmed by laundry since the day I got married. I always felt in bondage to the laundry it was very daunting knowing that no matter how much work I did to get it done, there was always more to face me the next day!

I have 2 less bodies to dress at my house compared to you, I can't imagine what my laundry room will look like when that day comes.

I just try to do 1 load a day and I have Talmage fold and put his stuff away. It's not the most awesome folding job but he does try and he is proud of his work. I am glad because even though he is not quite 4 he is giving me huge help by doing that.

I love Pres. Hinckleys quote it makes me feel better and gives me a great excuse not to care sometimes. Good Luck if you find a good solution PLEASE let me know!! Love ya Debs

Post a Comment