I love this time of the year for so many reasons and one of them is I love to garden. I love it!!! Over the last few years it has become a passion of mine. One of my favorite things to do is to collect seeds in the fall from my flowers, and then plant away in the spring. This past year though I didn't get to much gardening in the fall, I usually do a fall clean up, and I didn't. I usually collect a crazy amount of different seeds, but I didn't. (I did collect a few though). So, when spring came, and we had our new baby I still wasn't up to doing too much. I wish I had taken pictures of the amount of weeds my garden had, because it was overwhelming. Thanks to Rob, he cleaned most of my gardens up prior to Mothers Day, and Carson's Blessing, but I still had our back garden to get through. It took me over 6 hours to get through, and 3 wheel barrels worth of weeds and grass. I guess a fall clean up is really helpful.
To my excitement I have several new blooming flowers this years. So here is the newest members of our garden.

This daisy plant came from my Mothers garden last year, when I planted it it only had three stems. Wow!!! Look at the changes in one year. The smaller green plant in the front is also a new addition from my Mothers garden, this plant is so soft to the touch. I don't know what the name of this plant is, but I am on a quest to find out.

We planted this bearded iris 2 years ago, and much to my surprise it bloomed this year. I love the deep deep purple.

Clematis, we have had this vine for 3 years and have never had even one blossom. This year we have several, and have a very small trellis. So in the fall I will replace the trellis. I looked this plant up, and it can live for up to 25 years. Awesome!
Here is a little bit more about my garden.
This is Jacobs Ladder, the bigger plant I moved last year in the fall because it looked like the other plant. Both of these plants we have had for 3 years in our back garden. I can't believe what a beautiful plant it is in its new location. I just moved the smaller this week to one of my front gardens, hoping that it too will love its new home.
This is my favorite view of my back garden, too bad that no one ever stands in the far north corner of my yard.
Now I love this!!! These seeds were planted a little over a week ago. These seedlings will be African Daisy. This is one of my favorite parts of gardening, I love watching flowers grow from a tiny seed into an amazing flower.
I have little story about this Sweet William plant. Two years ago after my sister passed I lived in my garden. I loved being out there. It was my therapy. This Sweet William is one of my early season blooming flower. Soon after her passing this flower started blooming, along with many of my little seedlings. I loved watching new life, I loved the vibrant colors, and all the green in the garden. Well, it came time to dead head this flower, and I started trimming back this plant when the tears came. I couldn't finish. I went inside and just cried. Wow!!! For the first time I learned that gardening is beautiful to the eyes, but there is much to learn in a garden. I had never connected the two. It is fun and is still my favorite part to watch new life happen in my garden. I regularly go out and check on my little seedlings, and the first time a new blossoms appears my heart skips a beat, plus I can't wait to show someone, usually Rob. I am amazed at how hearty some of these flowers are. Especially these last few years when we have had late frost, hail, snow, and rain. They seem to bloom bigger and brighter when the sun comes. I have learned that if weeds are not quickly taken care of, then they will consume the garden and those plants around them. I then have learn they every plant has a season of life, and then it is time to say good-bye, and then after a long winter we will see them again. Gardening for the eye is wonderful, but I now garden for my soul loves the lessons learned in my garden.





1 comments:
Your garden is beautiful! I love it. The part you wrote about Tammy made me cry a little. I guess with Memorial weekend and the thoughts about new life and death, it all just seemed so beautiful. Love you tons.
Post a Comment