Sunday, March 14, 2010

Welcome Carson!!!


I anticipated that the arrival of our new baby boy would be a lot different than I was use too. I had come to realize over this pregnancy that everything I knew about getting pregnant, and being pregnant could very well be different from past experiences. So I expected the worst, and hoped for the best. I tried my best not to worry, but I did.

March 10, 2010 finally came...and we headed to LDS Hospital around 11:30 a.m. Both Rob and I stood in our delivery room, and looked at each other and said, "it doesn't feel real." Could it possibly be that by the end of this day we would have 4 children?

At 1:15 they had my IV in, and were ready to break my water to get this going. I was only dilated to a 1 cm, and effaced 50% so we had a ways to go. 3 hours had passed, and I decided I would see if I could get my epidural since things were starting to get painful. Around 4:40 I had my epidural going and I was dilated to 3 cm. and effaced 90%. I should've known that with being so effaced that things were going to go quickly, but I thought we still had awhile. Well, we didn't. A little bit later I started feeling pain with the epidural and told Rob, "the last time this happened Cutler was coming out." The nurse came in to see why we weren't hearing the heart beat, and decided to place a monitor on his head. When she checked me she realized I was complete, and he was coming. We called our Dr. who of course wouldn't have time to get here, but luckily his partner was at the hospital so he came in. For some reason with my epidural I could feel just enough to know what was happening, and be able to have control of my legs. The Dr. who was with us needed to step out for just one second, and in that second I said I think he is coming out. Sure enough he was, and our nurse immediately called the Dr. back into the room. Luckily for us the nurse was still in the room, and caught him, plus had to remove the cord from around his neck 3 times. Crazy!!!

It was a wonderful delivery, I couldn't have been more happy with the way things went. I had already fallen in love with him throughout the pregnancy, and now I get the chance to hold him. He is perfect. He has more hair then either of our boys had. He weighs 6 lbs 13 oz, and he is 19 1/2 inches long. He has blue eyes. He is healthy, and we are happy to have him here.









1 comments:

CAMI said...

What a handsome boy! Welcome baby Carson, We love and miss you guys! Congratulations

Post a Comment