This morning seemed a little rough going, I keep saying I want to get things done around the house, I want to finish this or that, but my body just sits. It is exhausted...maybe that isn't surprising at nine months pregnant, but oh how I wish I was able to get things done at a quicker pace. So this morning I thought, "I am going to take a shower and get going."
Well, for a moment I enjoyed my warm shower...until it turned cold, freezing cold. I HATE BEING COLD!!! and I love hot bathes or showers. So, with that this was not good for my mood or temperament. When I turned off the water the first sound I heard was Kiley screaming at the door for me...ugh. So, I did what I shouldn't and yelled, "GO AWAY!!!" ugh...today isn't going great. Both of us our now past our point.
When I came out of the room Rob asked if I was OK. How in the world could I be I was freezing, and to top it off it was even snowing outside. OK so it sounds a little dramatic, I know, I was. So I went back to my room, closed the door, and thought I need a second to cool down.
I said a prayer that I would have the power and ability to find joy in my day, and that I would be kind to my family. I started to read the scriptures, and soon found myself falling asleep. I woke up about one and half hours later.
Maybe I, like a small child, needed a nap.
I did wake, and my day was great. I enjoyed my family, and felt blessed that I was blessed with rest. I didn't see that blessing coming, I thought that I would leave the room soon, and resume my day hoping for some much needed support. I guess answers to our Prayers come in ways we don't expect.
Merry Christmas 2025
8 months ago

1 comments:
Really and truly, thank you for that. You are patient in ways I don't think I will ever be.
Post a Comment