So it is said that you should always have a backup plan just in case something falls through, but I never thought I needed a plan B, C, D, E, F,and more. But as today has gone it looked like I needed to put some thought into what to do with our kids.
Lets see if I can explain, it will have to be shortened or I will never go to bed. So Plan A: My little sis is going to have work off, and between her and my Mom all three kids will be well taken care of...oh bummer she can't get work off. Plan B-- No worries My Dad is going to be there as well, and my Mom will help inbetween coming to the hospital, (hope that my children don't run my Dad into the ground.)...oh no my Mom is super sick. She is very sick, and our prayers are with her. Plan C--My sister will take off preschool, and come stay here with her litte girl...oh we forgot her husband is out of town, and has three boys to get to school...no worries Plan D -- I'll take the kids down to her. YEAH all a big success, drop the kids off on Tues. evening pick them up on Friday. She seems all for it even if she will be alone with all 7 kids. But we do what we have to do, oh, wait the phone is ringing...what, what, what in the world her oldest is throwing up. O.K. breathe...it is Monday evening...we have one day to figure all this out...no worries. hmmmm...who else can we call, my brother is now offering to take care of them, also my darling friend who is 5 weeks away from delivering, and oh I know a nanny who is brilliant with kids, ok we have options right, but I am feeling the stress...maybe we should change the date...ugh. Think.
Well, the current plan is Aunt Christine, and Grandma Ingles...with help from Paula after work. Did I mention that my other sister, Kelly, who is a great help in all this...and found his darling take home outfit, got staff infection this weekend too.
As I have said before you laugh or cry...maybe today I did a little of both. Mostly I cried for those who are so sick, and laughed because this can't be all happening when we are suppose to be having our baby. As my sister said though there are blessings in all of this...lots and lots of friends and family are so willing to help. Thank you!!! And don't mind if we call tomorrow if the plans change, trust me I have been planning this delivery long before this week, and now I am being flexible...whatever happens, however it happens, we will find joy in this journey.
Merry Christmas 2025
8 months ago

3 comments:
I am COMPLETELY serious when I say this, please call me if youre plans fall through and you need me to take your kids. I MEAN IT!! I know exactly how nerve wracking that is. My kids would love friends over. We would just have one big party over here! Good luck with everything!
Debbie please bring your kids over my house I really don't mind at all. Okay so I am one friend that you can count on!! Hope everything will go well and I can't wait to see that little bundle of joy of yours!!! I am SERIOUS bring your kids to my house okay?
I know this is late because you most likely have the little guy in you arms already. I really was excited to have come and I feel bad that you were so stressed. So next time... :) ... call me! haha! I can't wait to see pictures of him and I hope all is going well!!
Post a Comment