I am a mother that absolutely would love to avoid potty training. I don't know why because so far my boys where super easy. Both potty trained a little over 2 1/2 years old, and for the most part they just did it. Yes, I still did have encouraging rewards whether treats or stickers, but all in all they were just ready to make the adjustment. So now we are onto Kiley...and there are a few people who know that I am a little embarrassed to say that maybe I should've done this sooner, but she just seemed so little, and it seemed like a lot of work. I am not embarrassed by her age or anything like that, but because she has been able to do so many of the "signs" that say they are ready. Now that it is getting closer to the baby coming I decided I would definately wait until this summer before trying to make this adjustment too.
Well, tis not so...we are potty training this week, and so far she is doing GREAT!!! I should say that last week I realized that I was being ridiculous my little girl was getting her own diaper, wipees, taking off her pants, laying down, and holding her own legs ready and willing to be changed every chance she had. So now potty training is on my list of things to do. But like the boys we may be just as lucky. So far she has only had a few accidents, and for the most part she goes all on her own with little or no help. Now the treats are a little added bonus which she loves. Tonight she didn't want her diaper on, and last night she stayed dry so I said OK...we will hope for the best. We have gone shopping, to the park, out for ice cream, and other little outings and she has stayed dry.
I am so amazed at how quickly she is growing, and how amazing she is. I love watching her grow and change. I wish though that time would freeze and I could spend a little more time with each of them in these precious stages of life.
Merry Christmas 2025
8 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment