Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Birthday Present

Well, my birthday was quite the day. We spent the day at the ER with Kiley, and then I spent the rest of the day trying to survive her being sick, me being tired, a house to clean, homework to do, dinner to serve, and on, and on. I was blessed with good friends who kept sending messages, and a husband who apoligized several times in hopes that my day was going ok. It did, and it was ok that today on my birthday I spent the day loving, and caring for our little ones.

But I would soon learn that my little Cutler would think about again and again and again. Admist the running out the door to the hospital, Cutler said "Happy Birthday Mom, I thought of waking you up in the middle of the night, but decided to let you sleep." Thanks Cutler.
Later while on the phone Cutler handed me a bunch of hangers, and said "Happy Birthday Mom." Hmmmmm, Ok. Thanks Cutler.
The next day he asked Dad why didn't we do anything fun on Mom's birthday???
And the later he asked me, "Do you love your present?" I din't even know that I had gotten something from him, I must've looked confused. "Did you know what is was?" "What was it, Cutler?" "You know those things on TV where you have one hanger, and then you can hang up a bunch on things on it."
(here is an example of what he is talking about.)

"Well, I didn't have the money to buy you one so I made you one. I thought it would really help you." "Do you love it?"

**Now imagine with me he had brought in one hanger, full of serval others hanging from it. Do I love it..."YES, I do."

0 comments:

Post a Comment