Christmas is around the corner...YEAH!!! Last year Rob came up with this awesome way to count downt to Christmas. We have Christmas bags all over our house, and inside of each of the bags is a Christmas story and treat for the kids. Everyday the kids get to go find the bag with that day on it, then we read the story, and the best part is they have a little treat.
This year I decide to add one more thing to each bag, and that was that everyday I would tell each of them why I loved them. The first few days I couldn't tell if any of them really liked it. But then one day we had to do two bags because we had missed one, and the boys said, "mom, you have to tell us two reasons why you love us." Inside I was very pleased that they looked forward to knowing why I love them. To my surprise the next day Cutler realized that no one told me why they loved me, (and Aunt Paula since she happened to be here while we were doing.) So he said, "I will tell you why I love you, and Aunt Paula."
He went first catching Aunt Paula off gaurd he proceeded to tell her while he loved her. Now instead of just me telling each of them why I love them. Each of us goes around the room and tells each person why they love that person. Even little miss Kiley does. We have had reasons from making good food, to helping with homework, to playing the wii with them, and so much more. They spend time thinking and contemplating what they will say.
I do love them...and this is just one more reason why is that they are so excited to tell us why they love each other and us.
Merry Christmas 2025
8 months ago

1 comments:
I'll bet when you started, you never thought the kids would latch onto it, but it's become something so much bigger and sweeter than just an, "I love you."
What a great idea!!
Post a Comment