
Yeah...the much anticipated birthday has arrived. Cole is 6. We have been talking about his 6th birthday for approximately 364 days this last year...hahahaha. He finished turning 5 last year and he moved right on to when he would be 6.
A birthday is exciting for them, and for us. We love planning and getting ready for each of the kids' birthday. This year Cole got to have a friends birthday party...YEAH!!! So he got to pick the theme out...Star Wars, and then we get decorations (just a few, but it is enough for them), cake (usually made by our neighbor, but they were sick :-( bummer.), presents, invitations, and we are set. We invited 9 boys over, and wow was it rowdy. I had a couple of games planned like suck the marshmallow in the straw and run...hahahaha (they enjoyed this one especially afterwards they could eat them), but the paper war was not planned, but a big hit! We had lunch, and opened presents. Wow!




As a mother though the years pass too quickly. We have them and think the toddler years will never pass, and they do. This party was much louder then past years, and it is fun to see how him and his friends interact. Cole is a very happy and helpful kid. He loves being with his friends, especially Cutler. They can spend endless hours together just playing. He loves school and learning. He has many questions about how things work, especially electronics and as much as you tell him to leave things alone he will find away to examine and take apart anything to just understand it a little better. He is a big helper and it is great to have kids that can take the garbage out, and clear off the table. The other day I was on the phone with Rob and I was telling him how overwhelming the house felt, and I just didn't think I could get it cleaned up. When I got off the phone Cole had overheard and said, "Mom, I can help you and then we can get it cleaned." Wow, it worked the two of us got things done. He is a wonderful kid. We absolutely love him!!! Happy Birthday COLE!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment