Friday, July 2, 2010

Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God




"Mothers cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones." President Jeffery R. Holland
--One day when listening to a special stake conference with President Packer he taught us to believe that angels attend and watch over our children. I am so very grateful in the comfort that someone attends to our little family.

"May I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well." President Jeffery R. Holland
--Today I laughed with my sister, only because I felt like I might cry because the challenge of getting the children in the car felt like a huge hurdle, I looked at her and said, "I must look crazy to have all these kids." So, today I am so grateful to an Apostle of the Lord because I needed to hear this today, right now, and in these moments.

2 comments:

Mom said...

This is so beautiful. Motherhood is the greatest honor. I needed to hear it too. The worries, the tears, the fear that you haven't given enough hugs, said "no" enough, said "yes" enough, it doesn't stop when your child turns 18. I feel such joy when I see each of you with your children. Such joy with each of my children. And that includes the ones who have taken a much harder path than I wanted them to take. Thank you for reminding me that this is a magnificient calling. Love Mom

Cynthia Hatch said...

That was beautiful! It helps me to remember that I am doing my best. It inspired me to do more for them because I remembered how much I really love them.

You are a great mother. Just look at all of your blogs and you will see how much you do for your kids. Amazing!

Post a Comment