The day has arrived for our family to meet our newest little guy. These last nine months seemed at times to be flying by, but then almost in the same breath it seemed like he would never be here. As always though time does and will pass.
So here we were more than willing to go through labor because the outcome meant our little miracle would be here. But I have to say my deliveries have been (and this one is no different) kind of by the book or lets say pretty easy. They checked me in at noon, and hooked me up to everything around 1:30. I decided to get an epidural at 3:00 pm, and told my nurse I think we should wait to break my water until my Doctor got here at 5:30 pm. I had my worries that if another Dr. broke my water too early my Dr. wouldn't make it to the delivery (it has happened in the past). So we waited for Dr. Pead to arrive he broke my water and a little over an hour later it was time. One push later, and Cody had arrived. Our delivery couldn't have gone better. We had a wonderful staff of nurses to work with who listened to everything I said. My epidural was too my liking, I could feel enough to know what and when things were happening. My Doctor was there. And we were happy, relaxed, and blessed.
He is perfect! Everything about this sweet little guy is wonderful. I imagined over and over what it was going to be like holding our baby boy for the first time, and yep it felt exactly like I had dreamed! He was heaven sent, a gift, or as we would say our BONUS BABY!













0 comments:
Post a Comment