My mind is spinning, twisting, and turning. I have had loads of thoughts over the past few months, and I have barely had a chance to write a single one down. So instead of snuggling into to bed I am going to take a second, and share a little something I read the other day.
This was posted on http://rowdystroudy.blogspot.com/ by Amy: (She lost her long awaited baby after only 2 hours of holding her, and I love what she teaches)
"Most mothers will never know the pain of losing their child. Most don’t want to even imagine it.
So don’t.
Don’t think about what you would do if you had to plan a funeral. Think about them here and now. Don’t think about what you’ll do when they’re just a little older. Don’t look ahead to when they’re “finally” potty-trained, independent, able to drive, or out of the house.
Just love them and show it. Mean it. Every single day of their lives.
Because you know what, Mom? They are your miracle."
These last couple of months I have pondered death, loss, and grief. I have been following a friends blog that recently lost her 20 month old, and I have wondered and tried to imagine if I could even cope with the unimaginable pain.
I have immersed myself in my babies. ALL OF THEM. I have stayed up late with them, had sleepless nights with each of them, snuggled all of them, taken a second glance at their sweet smiles, and I love them!!!
I learned something these last few months death isn't the only things that steals the moments from life, but time wasted does also. Although, with death there is no future for now here on earth with them. Time is not patient, it does not wait for you or I, it continues to pass, and we have a choice to use our time "wisely".
So as Amy taught me, "wisely" must mean don't sit around dreading the unimaginable pain, get up and soak in each little moment while we still can.
Merry Christmas 2025
10 months ago

3 comments:
You truly are a wonderful mother and friend. Thanks for taking a moment because I thoroughly enjoyed it;)
Thanks, Happy Mothers day.
I'm glad you posted that! I needed to read that. I have been reading a lot of blogs like that lately and I just cry and cry about it! I live too much in fear that something would happen to my babies but like you and Amy said, I just need to soak it all in!
Post a Comment